TIPS ON DRESSING UP DENIM
Denim jeans don’t have to be casual. Dressing up denim can be a fun, yet a challenging fashion mission. This everyday staple can look just as dressy with some must-have finishing touches. Learn some hip tips to dress up your favorite piece of clothing.
Many women wear jeans on a daily basis and often times dressed down. But, denim can look great with “dressier” flair and can take the place of several dressier pieces in other fabrics that you have in your wardrobe…
1. Think like the French. A French fashionista won’t step outside her home not dressed. And, by this I mean dressed up. They seem to have that effortlessly chic way about them, which crosses over to the way they dress…flawlessly. For the oh-so-pulled-together look, try pairing a pair of signature Salvatore Ferragamo flats with a savvy jean skirt. Make sure the top is fitted and wear gorgeous jewelry.
2. Jeans. Think jean trousers in a darker denim shade, which instantly makes the look more dressed up. Ladies you can pair it with a tweed Chanel-esque blazer and pearls for drama.
3. The little jean dress. Forget the little black dress; it’s time for the little jean dress. Pair with a trench coat. A little belt and gold Jewelery would really make this look hip.
4. The jean jacket. Go for tailored and sleek with small details. Wear black slimming pants with this look.
5. Jeans. Boot cut jeans can be dressed up with a button down shirt or any other dressy shirt. Make it unique with sparkly cuff links (that look great on women too).
6. Keep the makeup and hair extremely pulled together and flawless, which will in turn make your dressy denim look, irresistible.
The Darker the Better
The darker your shade of denim the better because indigo shades of blue tends to look dressier than their lighter shaded counterparts. This goes for everything, from dresses, to jeans to skirts. It’s your key to looking more pulled together and your denim…dressier.
When dressing up anything, you know that adding certain accessories can really make any look extra dramatic. The same goes for dressing up denim. Don’t be afraid to add some extra sparkly jewelry to the look. Pearls would be a nice touch for extra glamour or a charm necklace would make the look funky, yet interesting. Gold jewelry would also offset denim nicely, like large gold hoops and several gold bangles. Go for bold purses in savvy bring colors as well. Anything designer will give it that extra appeal and the luxe look you’re going for. For shoes, anything with a heel will instantly give your outfit more pizzazz.
Or, you could do-it-yourself… There are several things you could do to actually do to your jeans to give them that extra sparkle. Just be creative. Add ribbon or studded rhinestones or anything else you can think of. Become your very own designer.
When dressing up denim, just remember anything goes. What’s fun about fashion, is trying new things. And, if you haven’t dressed up your favorite everyday staple yet, now is the time.